Court Reporters & Transcripts
Procedures for Requesting Transcripts (Please call the Court Reporter to make arrangements)
On this Page:
- Court Reporters
- Transcript From a Court Reporter (Appeal)
- Transcript From a Court Reporter (Non-Appeal)
- Transcript Under the Criminal Justice Act
- Transcript From an Electronic Recording (Magistrate Judge Proceedings)
- Transcription Rates
- Transcript Policy
- Questions and Answers on the Transcript Policy
- Counsel Table Copy
- Notice of Intent to Request Redaction
- Redaction Request
- Notice to Members of the Bar
- Contact the appropriate court reporter to make financial arrangements for the transcript.
- Complete information on the transcript order form (top portion and Part I.)
- E-file the form in District Court AND Appeals Court.
- Mail or e-mail the form to the court reporter. (You may call the court reporter for an e-mail address.)
- The court reporter will complete Part II, file it in the appeals court record, and then prepare the transcript.
- the court reporter will file the transcript electonrically in the district court record and forward a copy to you. The court reporter will then complete Part III and file in the appeals court record. The next step is for the district court to certifiy the record.
- Request the transcript (orally or in writing) from the appropriate court reporter. Be sure to provide pertinent information to identify the material to be transcribed.
- After receiving your request, the court reporter will provide an estimate of the cost. You must then make arrangements with the court reporter for payment.
- Complete items 1 - 11 on the CJA 24 voucher. (Original signatures are required. You can obtain copies of this form from the U.S. District Clerk's Office.)
- PLEASE NOTE: A separate CJA-24 form should be completed if you are ordering transcripts from both the district court and magistrate court, even if it's in the same case. If several court reporters were utilized to record the proceedings, a separate CJA-24 form should completed for each court reporter.
- Forward the completed voucher to the court reporter.
- Send a written request to the appropriate magistrate judge's courtroom deputy to make arrangements for transcribing the tape.
- The courtroom deputy will provide the tape to a transcriber with your original request. The transcriber will then contact you. You must make financial arrangements with the transcriber at that time.
Maximum rates per page - Effective April 19, 2011:
To Each Party
Copy to the
$2.10 per page,
five or more
feeds, $1.50 per