You are here

How do I get my name removed from the docket sheet as an attorney of record?


Pursuant to LR 83.2.11, the original counsel of record shall be held to represent the party for whom he or she appears unless the court permits him or her to withdraw from the case. He or she may obtain permission only upon joint motion to substitute counsel or upon a written motion served on opposing counsel and the client before the court acts. If other counsel is not thereby substituted, the motion to withdraw shall contain the present address of the client and the client’s telephone number if the client can be reached by telephone. The motion shall be accompanied by a certificate of service, including a statement that the client has been notified of all deadlines and pending court appearances, on both the client by certified mail and opposing counsel, or an affidavit stating why service has not been made.