For your convenience and reference, the court has developed the following materials:
- Training Documents
- What is CM/ECF?
- Administrative Procedures for Filing
- Standard guidelines for adding parties and addresses
- If you desire in-person training, please contact Pam Mitchell at 318-934-4743.
NEED E-FILING ACCESS?
Only attorneys admitted to practice in the Western District of Louisiana or appearing provisionally (such as an attorney appearing pro hac vice, or representing the United States) will be authorized to electronically file documents.
If you had e-filing access prior to November 4, 2019:
- Log into CM/ECF with your individual upgraded PACER account credentials.
- Click the link and enter your CM/ECF login credentials in order to link them to your PACER account. Call our Help Desk at 1-866-323-1101 if you do not remember your CM/ECF credentials.
- You are now able to e-file.
If you did not have e-filing access prior to November 4, 2019:
- At www.pacer.uscourts.gov log into Manage My Account.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration link and follow the prompts.
- You will then need to wait for the court to process the request before e-filing privileges are activated. You will receive an automated email once your request has been processed. To learn more about submitting a new e-file request, review the electronic learning module for the Manage My Account Maintenance tab in PACER.
NOTICE Regarding Third-Party Services and Access to Case Information and Documents in CM/ECF
Please be advised that sharing CM/ECF filing credentials and PACER account credentials with a third-party service provider or designating that provider as a secondary recipient of a Notice of Electronic Filing or Notice of Docket Activity (NEF/NDA) may give it access to restricted and/or sealed case information and documents in violation of federal law. You are urged to use caution in your computer security practices to ensure that restricted and/or sealed documents to which you have access are not disclosed. Fee exempt users should not share the documents they obtain from PACER under the exemption, unless expressly authorized by the court.
Courts are undergoing waves of transition from the current generation of CM/ECF to NextGen CM/ECF which implements single sign-on functionality. After a court implements NextGen CM/ECF, e-filers will simply use their PACER login credentials to both e-file and view reports and documents across all federal courts in which they are authorized to e-file. Therefore, sharing your PACER account credentials with a third-party service may provide access to restricted and/or sealed information which is in violation of federal law. Please note that the Western District of Louisiana is now on NextGen CM/ECF.