This Order is the first supplement to the Order issued on March 16, 2020, in response to the recent outbreak of novel coronavirus in the United States and the State of Louisiana.
IT IS ORDERED, effective immediately:
1. Public access to the Louisiana Western District Clerk of Court Offices in the Alexandria, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe and Shreveport Divisions is suspended.
2. Any court filings or correspondence may be time-stamped and placed in the drop box located in each division.
3. Any and all payments made to the Clerk, U. S. District Court for the payment of fines, fees, criminal debt or restitution must be made online via www.pay.gov or paid via money order or check and mailed to any divisional office.
4. Address information and telephone numbers to assist the public are on our website: www.lawd.uscourts.gov. All divisional offices are staffed and will be processing filings and payments.
5. Unless extended, this Order will remain in effect through May 1, 2020, and will then expire.