In response to Centers for Disease Control advisements to take precautions in light of the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) outbreak by limiting exposure to the virus, the Western District of Louisiana will enforce visitor restrictions effective immediately.
IT IS ORDERED, effective immediately, the following persons shall not enter the buildings located in the Western District of Louisiana including: Alexandria United States District Court House (515 Murray Street), Alexandria United States Bankruptcy Court (300 Jackson Street), Lake Charles United States District Court House (611 Broad Street), Lafayette United States District Court House (800 Lafayette Street), Monroe United States District Court House (201 Jackson Street), and Shreveport United States Court House (300 Fannin Street):
• Persons who have traveled to any of the following countries within the last 14 days: China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran. (This list may be updated as further guidance is received.)
• Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to one of the countries listed above within the last 14 days.
• Persons who have been diagnosed with, or had contact with, anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Persons exhibiting severe symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, excessive coughing, or extreme shortness of breath.
IT IS ORDERED that court security officers shall deny entry to anyone attempting to enter in violation of these protocols.
If you are scheduled or required to appear in district or bankruptcy court and you are unable to because of the visitor restrictions listed herein, you should proceed as follows:
• If you are represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney.
• If you are an attorney scheduled to appear in court before a judge, please contact the respective chambers directly by telephone. Telephone contact information for the District Courts is available at: https://www.lawd.uscourts.gov/. Telephone contact information for Bankruptcy Court is available at: https://www.lawb.uscourts.gov/.
• If you are scheduled to meet with a probation or pretrial services officer, please contact the Probation and Pretrial Services Offices: Alexandria (318) 473-7410; Lake Charles (337) 437-3891; Lafayette (337) 593-5180; Monroe (318) 323-1324; Shreveport (318) 676-3295.
• If you are a juror, please contact the Jury Administrator at (318) 934-4703.
• For District Court matters, please contact the Clerk of Court (337) 593-5000.
• For Bankruptcy Court matters, please contact the Clerk of Court (318) 676- 4267.
IT IS ORDERED that these restrictions shall remain in place until it is determined to be safe to remove them. Persons who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately. Shreveport, Louisiana, this 13th day of March, 2020.