Due Date and Time:
09/01/2023 - 04:00
The U.S. District Court has an office area located at 800 Lafayette St. Suite 3500, Lafayette, La. This area contains approximately 2,300 sq’ and is due for cyclical maintenance upgrades in this space. At this time the Court would like to remove wall covering in approximately 1,000 sq’ areas and replace all space with painted walls. This area contains multiple rooms.
Coordination between the court, and painting contractors will be required to phase the work with minimum disruption of schedules to employees and contractors. The Court will remove furniture from areas.
- Coordination with courtroom use schedule will be required.
- Existing rooms with wallcovering to be removed and painted. (See attached drawing schedule.)
- Remove wall covering.
- Sand, Prime, and Skim walls with minimum two coats of joint compound for uniform smooth finish.
- Sand walls as required for uniform smooth finish.
- Minimum 1 coat of latex primer and minimum 2 coats of latex paint.
- There shall be no bleed through of paint base color after final coats.
- Color to be decided after award.
- Existing painted rooms shall have surface preparation as required for uniform smooth finish with minimum 1 coat of latex primer and minimum 2 coats of latex paint.
- Carpet will not be changed and will need to be protected at all times for the duration of the project.
- Sanding dust shall be kept to a minimum. A plan for this must be submitted in the comment section of the Quote Sheet located in the RFQ file.
- Tools are to be cleaned only in janitor’s closet mop sink or offsite location. No joint compound to be cleaned in mop sink.
- All hardware, and stained woodwork are to be protected from mud work and paint splatter.
- All material and workmanship shall meet building standards.
- All trash is the contractor’s responsibility to be removed from site. Building dumpsters shall not be used for disposal.
- Work areas are always to be kept clean and a final cleaning shall be performed for the space turnover to District Court.