The Federal Judiciary has developed a Next Generation (NextGen) Case Management/ Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) system that will allow attorneys to use the same account for both PACER and electronic filing access. On November 4, 2019, the Western District of Louisiana went live on NextGen.
On or after November 4, 2019, an e-filer will be required to use his or her own individual/attorney PACER login and password for access to the electronic filing system. Are you ready? (Interactive flowchart)
Preparing for NextGen
E-Filers must do the following in order to file in NextGen:
- Obtain your own individual/attorney PACER account or upgrade your existing individual/attorney PACER account (video).
- Know your current CM/ECF Login and Password.
- Link your PACER account with your CM/ECF account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I have an upgraded PACER account?
Upgraded PACER accounts have usernames that are at least 8 characters. If your username is 6 characters, you do not have an upgraded account. Go to https://www.pacer.gov/ and click on Manage My Account to upgrade your PACER account.
- What happens to my CM/ECF account after the court transitions to NextGen?
After the court upgrades to NextGen, you will link your current CM/ECF account to your PACER account. After the accounts are linked you will no longer user your CM/ECF username or password.
- My law firm uses a shared PACER account. Can we continue to use that account?
Each attorney must have an individual/attorney PACER account for electronic filing in NextGen. The law firm can create a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage the billing for all of the individual accounts. Staff members who share a PACER account only for research can continue to share.
- I linked my account when the Court of Appeals converted. Do I have to link my account again?
Yes, you must now link your PACER account to your District Court CM/ECF account before you can file in District Court.
- I am a CJA attorney and I currently have two PACER accounts. Will I continue to need two accounts with NextGen?
CJA Attorneys will only need one PACER account for filing and viewing in CM/ECF NextGen. If you have a separate exempt CJA account now, those exempt privileges will be added to your individual/attorney upgraded PACER account and your current exempt account will be canceled. Click here for instructions on setting up a CJA PACER account and requesting the fee exemption.
For assistance with creating a PACER account, please contact PACER at 1-800-676-6856 or visit the PACER website at https://www.pacer.gov/. For assistance with your current CM/ECF login and password or linking your account after the court transitions, contact the court at 1-866-323-1101 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time).